Sunday, August 28, 2016

Astral Projection - The Astral Plane II


I think some of the problems with developing an astral body are that people are trying to run before they can walk and give up rapidly when they fail.  In the Sefer Yetzirah we are taught to gaze into the mysteries and the following exercise, an enrichment of earlier posts, is to develop your astral eye(s) as opposed to your astral body


  • Lie on your back, looking directly up at the ceiling, breathe rhythmically, steadily and deeply, hands folded on your stomach or down by your sides
  • Do not do this when you are completely exhausted, it may spur lucid dreaming but this is not the aim 
  • The Devil's Hour is the best time but this ''hour'' will vary depending on your own circadian rhythm - if you go to sleep at midnight then around 10-11pm
  • Actively search the darkness of your mind, focus on keeping your eyes on gazing into the darkness, which may or may not be pixelated


  • It may help to visualise that you are pulling yourself up on a rope, this rope runs straight through the middle of your mind, do not try to visualise hands pulling on the rope it is your mind that is pulling on the rope and remember to pull from the centre and back of your mind as opposed to the front, i.e. use the pineal and cerebellum not the frontal cortex
  • At this point you will fail if you start thinking instead of looking, the thoughts will be egoic babble about work, health, relationships, etc, you will notice that when you start doing this your eyes will drop in the socket as if you are looking down, this is because rather than gazing out towards the astral you have started to analyse yourself, analysis is bad and will foil your attempt
  • Direct your eyes back up and try to keep them mostly central but don't worry if they move around focusing on and searching out different elements that appear in the darkness
  • After a few minutes of uninterrupted gazing you will see coloured blobs and/or patterns appear in the darkness, keep looking at them allowing your eyes to focus on one as it appears and then another one as that one dissolves, keep gazing and searching though, you are not there yet


  • Patterns do not always appear but sometimes you can be presented with a very organic and intelligent tesselated pattern which appears to shimmer and ripple, this is a very vivid apprehension of the membrane, feel free to enjoy it but you are going to go past that
  • After the colour you will see flickers of what appears to be natural light, this light is different from the coloured blobs which are like semi luminous paint
  • The light will appear in a variety of different ways, it might seem like as if through a skylight, or a reflection of strong light from a patch of river or a shining coin in the hot sun, the reason the light appears this way is because it is coming through gates in the membrane, on the other side of the gate is a lot more light
  • The thing to do at this point is to keep searching and gazing as your facial muscles particularly the muscles around the eyes are acting as your mode of propulsion - as the light from the gates appears gaze if they disappear then search again
  • After a few moments of this you will reach a gate and be able to look through it, this is a window on to the astral and you will, depending on where you are at, see some terrific scenery, architecture and creatures
  • If you now focus on something in that astral, again using searching and gazing, you will move towards that thing



  • If you are having a genuine astral experience then you will probably be rapidly intercepted by some kind of being (typically this seems to be insectoid, in my case the majority have been butterflies) that will ask you questions which you will fail to answer and result with you being kicked off the astral
  • Whether you choose to see this plane as an actual place, or your higher mind and source of your imagination, or the realm of the future, or all three intermixed the fact remains that we are not really supposed to be there for a variety reasons - either we are imprisoned/exiled on Earth, or we are not responsible enough to be there, at least as conscious and egoic agents, because we might interfere dangerously possibly with the functions of our own brain

  • Don't worry too much about personal dangers the whole realm is very heavily policed for whatever reason from the New Age Gnostic pantheon of ideas you select and you''ll just get kicked out not brain-fried entirely - the point being that you can keep having a crack at it and you will get better at the process of getting on the astral plane
  • Staying on the astral requires the manipulation of various keys/letters to give to the beings and gain their favour, protection, but in order to deploy them you will need to be able to carve the astral into these forms, which is an exercise for later
  • If your practice is limited to the deployment of shrines, sigils, spells etc for worldy effects which constitute probability surfing you are merely scratching the edge of the mysteries and you need to include more work like the above in your efforts

3 comments:

  1. Usually when sitting still and focusing on my breath and a single point, after a while an indigo coloured blob enters my vision. This always happens, I've gotten used to it.

    I've never been able to break through though. I enter some sort of hyper focused state, momentarily, and my visual perspective shifts. The indigo blob suddenly becomes all-encompassing and I feel a surge of energy through my entire body. But it is as if the energy is blocked and can't get out of my body. Then I snap out of it, exhausted, sometimes accompanied by a slight head ache.

    So this evening, after reading this, I tried it again. But for some reason, the indigo blob I like, wasn't expressed in my vision very well. I decided to stick with it anyway.

    So after 10 minutes of trying to gather my focus, some movement started to happen: the pixels (that normally arrange themselves into the indigo blob) now started to swirl very fiercely, chaotically, almost like a swarm of insects with snake-like moving shapes as well. I became aware of what you wrote and decided to push through, not allow the fear to break the momentum.
    That's when the swarm started to come closer and closer to my face. Still I wasn't giving in. It was when the swarm was literally around my head that I suddenly realised I had to state some sort of power. In the moment the best thing I could come up with was a hexagram and thinking about God.
    Immediately everything went dark and I felt a surge of very fierce energy all throughout my body. I snapped out of it and the swarm was gone but I was still in the material world.

    Now I have head ache and I'm not feeling particularly good. I don't think it was a good idea, although I'm satisfied with the experience. Afterwards I looked in the mirror and saw cyan around my shoulder/head.

    I probably have a lot of work ahead but it's difficult to see where to start. Feeling kinda stuck.

    Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this is not a failure persay but you have to do it again and again and again and it will get easier because you will get used to the different stages. The indigo blob is your friend, this is the ''skylight'' you will get through (and have already but for nanoseconds). If the blob moves then you keep looking for it and eventually the ''searching'' movement that your eyes are doing will kind of mirror REM.

    The swarm is the swarm is the swarm. Something doesn't want you up there and you could consider this another part of your mind stopping you or you could consider it an actual astral force of some form but it prob doesn't matter at this point. If you can visualise you should be able to trace pentagrams over the swarm and for me this rips them back into pixels. Repeat if another wave comes and keep ''pulling'' on through. One thing I can say about the intensity of the swarm and other factors that might make this work harder or more easy is that its prob. to do with celestial weather. So check that and try and find auspicious times to project.

    And bear in mind I am no expert, I can get through that blob but then I get kicked off the astral all the time if I am on my own. The experiment I am testing with my students at the moment is to make a very strong connection with a lunar deity, so if don't have that or some other spiritual ally you might struggle anyway. For instance I don't need to ''give any papers'' if I am with Raziel and he has in the past taught me various techniques to stay on longer and shape things while being there - so very direct and practical lessons. You'll have to look back through the blog a ways [Raziel] for the links and those posts may not be as coherent as this one. Feel free to ask more questions.

    On the plus side its not about starting you have clearly started and you can see the gate so this is great news. I am all for supporting this with Raja Yoga as a lot of the time it really comes down to pure will. But yes you have a lot of work - we all do.
    Bathe
    Death Pose
    Breathe
    Gaze
    Breathe
    Gaze
    Blob
    Pull
    Blob moves around
    Search for it
    Swarms
    Pentagrams
    Search
    Blob
    Pull

    Repeat
    5 mins a day
    Do a montage

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFrMLRQIT_k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Informative and knowledgeable article. I really enjoyed it... <3

    Spirituality Awakening

    ReplyDelete